Sunday 30 May 2010

"Is that a rabbit in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"


One of my favourite, if not my favourite, movies of all time has to be Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It may be slightly childish and rather immature, but it never fails to amuse me.

"It's 1974 Hollywood and Eddie Valiant (Bob Hoskins), a down-on-his-luck detective, is hired to find proof that Marvin Acme, gag factory mogul and owner of toontown, is playing hanky-panky with femme fatale Jessica Rabbit, wife of Maroon Cartoon superstar, Roger Rabbit. When Acme is found murdered, all fingers point to Roger, and the sinister, power hungry judge Doom (Christopher Lloyd) is on a mission to bring Roger to justice. Roger begs the Toon-hatin Valiant to find the real evildoer and the plot thickens as Eddie uncovers scandal after scandal and realisezes that the very existence of Toontown is at stake!"

It successfully balances silly 'Toons' for your inner child and slight adult humour (see heading). It is my perfect pick-me-up movie as I find myself laughing at how completely ridiculous it is. Also, I don't know about you, but I found myself wishing that there really was a 'Toontown' and that cartoons roamed the streets :)
I also (secretly) found myself wishing that I looked like Jessica Rabbit, you don't have to like girls to notice that she's hot :P it doesn't matter that she's freakishly out of proportion or that, logically, her barbie-like legs could never realistically support her.
Although, besides Roger, my favourite character has to be Baby Herman, there's something so hilarious about a little baby with the libido of a middle-aged man.

However I do remember, as a child, being upset by the 'dip' (the magical liquid that kills Toons) and being disturbed by the end fight of good vs. evil - the evil (Judge Doom) is pretty scary.

I would definitely reccommend this film as it's great family viewing (it's a PG for some mild violence language and sex references), and p-p-p-please let me know what you think of it.

To see the trailer, click here.
To see the IMDb page, click here.

PS) Followers are welcome :D

ButtonPom x

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS FILM!!
    ABOLUTELY AMAZING!!
    I think that the 'dip' is very upsetting, especially for a 15 year old.
    DO NOT laugh.

    Katee.

    ReplyDelete